We have received inquiries regarding fraudulent e-mails and phone calls from unknown parties who impersonate employees of Chugai in an attempt to steal personal information or solicit investment. Please be aware that Chugai and employees of Chugai have no affiliation with any of these acts.
Please note that Chugai and employees of Chugai never do the following:
- Solicit bonds, real estate, or other similar products or services.
- Send English-language e-mails in the guise of a job offer that ask recipients to reply with their name, occupation, contact information, etc.
- Send e-mails with an attached document written on a forged letterhead bearing our company name, and requesting recipients to pay money through a bank transfer.
If you receive any suspicious e-mails, do not, under any circumstances, respond to them by providing your personal information or transferring money to a bank account. We encourage you to report such incidents to your local authorities.
In addition, please be aware that some third parties are operating and sending communications from social networking sites (SNS) that masquerade as an official site of Chugai. The only SNS that Chugai Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. in Japan operates are as follows*:
- Facebook (Disease awareness activities)
Other SNS are not operated by Chugai, even if they pretend to be or are suggestive of Chugai. Therefore, please note that any information published on those SNS does not originate from nor reflect the thoughts and opinions of Chugai.
* Please note, however, that Chugai Group companies outside of Japan may operate other SNS services.