Material Issues of Social Contribution
- Social contribution activities
- Improvement of access to healthcare
*Chugai has adopted creating shared value with stakeholders as its basic policy. We identified 25 material issues that should be given priority.
Click here for more information on Chugai’s Material Issues.
Goals to Achieve Through Social Contribution Activities
- We will work toward achieving our mission “Dedicate ourselves to adding value by creating and delivering innovative products and services for the medical community and human health around the world,” in social contribution activities as well, supporting a foundation for patient-centric sustainable healthcare while expanding a healthy society.
- We will conduct social contribution activities while leveraging our capabilities (strengths, technologies, expertise)in promoting businesses involved in healthcare and well-being.
- Specifically, we have prioritized the five fields of “Healthcare,” “Social Welfare,” “Inclusive Society,” “Next Generation Development,” and “Local Communities,” and will continue to meet social needs.
- Our social contribution activities are positioned as those activities that contribute to solving social issues that lead to achieving our stated mission, and do not include business activities tied directly to financial gain.
In our social contribution activities, we will support a foundation for patient-centric sustainable healthcare, and will work to advance initiatives for expanding a healthy society, centered on the following five areas.
Basic Concept of Social Contribution Activities
As a member of society, Chugai engages in social contribution activities to help solve social issues, contributing our resources and professional capabilities without seeking direct compensation. We actively promote activities that contribute to society while maintaining partnerships with society. We also encourage and support the engagement of individual employees in social contribution activities. Chugai keeps its stakeholders informed properly about its efforts in social contribution activities.
Social Contribution Initiatives
We are working on Healthcare, Social Welfare, Inclusive Society, Next Generation Development, and Local Communities as priority areas.
Social Contribution Group, Sustainability Dept.
Chugai’s unique initiatives for nurturing the next generation
One of the priorities of our social contribution program is development of the next generation. Our objective in this area is to foster the human resources who will support society and drive its development in the future. Children’s disengagement from science in recent years is widely acknowledged, and companies like ours that deal with advanced science have a duty to foster an interest in science from an early age. In addition, health is a perpetual social issue that will affect the future of all children.
Chugai partners with local government agencies, NPOs and educational institutions to conduct educational programs for students from elementary school to university. In scientific fields where Chugai’s experience and expertise can be put to use, we are taking our own measures, such as conducting science workshops, to spark children’s interest in science and health. Depending on local needs, our other activities include support for disaster prevention education, acceptance of visitors to Company facilities, and career education classes (at schools and at Chugai) that make use of Chugai’s diverse employees.
We hope to provide more opportunities for children to experience the fun of science, and to think about their own and society’s future.