The Chugai Group upholds its mission statement—which consists of its mission, its core values and its envisioned future—in order to be a business that meets a diverse array of stakeholder expectations as it realizes its corporate responsibility to society. It is on the basis of this mission statement that the Chugai Group conducts its business operations.
Chugai's mission is to dedicate itself to adding exceptional value through the creation of innovative medical products and services for the benefit of the medical community and human health around the world.
- The primary focus of all our activities is patients and consumers.
- In all our activities we are committed to the highest ethical and moral standards.
- We value employees who develop profound expertise and broad perspectives and pursue innovation and challenges without fear of failure.
- Wherever we operate around the world we seek to understand and respect people and cultures and to behave as good corporate citizens.
- We promote an open and active corporate culture that respects individuality, ability and teamwork.
- We care about the global environment.
- We aim to achieve a fair return for our shareholders and to disclose information appropriately and in a timely manner.
As a most important member of the Roche group, we aim to become a top Japanese pharmaceutical company by providing a continuous flow of innovative new medicines domestically and internationally.