Handling of Personal Information
- Acquisition of Personal Information
- The Company will acquire personal information in an appropriate and fair manner but within the business scope of the Company.
- Announcement of the Purposes of Using Personal Information
- The Company will announce on its website the purposes of using personal information whenever it intends to collect and acquire personal information.
Click here to refer the purposes of using personal information.
The Company will use personal information within the scope of the purposes announced.
- Provision of Personal Information
- The Company will observe the Act when in providing personal data to a third party.
- Handling of Personal Data by a Subcontractor
- The Company may consign handling of personal data to a subcontractor. In this case, the Company will select an entity that is deemed as handling personal data appropriately and manage the contracted entity as necessarily and appropriately so that entrusted data is under safe control.
- Shared Use of Personal Data
- In the case of this Company announcing the shared use of personal data with other specified entities, the fact will be announced beforehand on the website of the Company.
Click here for the details of shared use of personal data.
- Safe Control of Personal Data
- The Company will provide appropriately safe measures to protect personal data against being divulged, lost, damaged and falsified.
- Disclosure of Personal Data
- When a request is received from an individual or his/her legally authorized representatives regarding notice of the purpose of use, disclosure, amendment and suspension of use, etc. of his/her personal data possessed by the Company, the Company will respond to such request in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
Click here for how to apply for disclosure, etc. of personal data.
- Internal Organization for Protection of Personal Information
- The Company will control and protect personal information appropriately by appointing a Supervisor in Charge of Personal Information Protection andestablishing a Personal Information Protection Promotion Secretariat within the Company.
- Internal Rules and Education on Protection of Personal Information
- The Company shall establish the internal rules in order to implement this policy, which will be thoroughly disseminated, understood and observed by all of its officers and employees through continuous education and training.
This Policy is subject to modification without notice in order to enhance the Company's personal information protection system.
Purposes of Using Personal Information
The Company will use personal information for the manufacturing and sales of its medical products.
- Purposes of Using Personal Information of Medical-Related Persons Including Doctors, Pharmacists, Pharmacies and Researchers
- Provision and collection of information for appropriate use of medical products
- Provision and collection of information on quality, safety and efficacy of medical products
- Acquisition, communication and provision of vendors of specified biological-origin products
- Provision of information such as urgent safety information and an explanation document after modification
- Surveys and analyses of how a medical product is used and the needs of users, etc.
- Communication and provision of information on side-effects occurred and on product recall
- Medical and pharmaceutical surveys, studies and development
- Provision and collection of medical and academic information
- Authentication of members of an internet site for medical-related persons and communication to them
- Request and execution of a clinical test and a post-marketing survey, etc.
- Securing safety of medical products
- Exchange of safety information with overseas affiliated companies
- Notification and reporting to governmental agencies and/or member organizations
- Collection and control of information on processing payments
- Provision and disclosure of information on payment to medical-related persons and researchers, for the purpose of securing transparency
- Others including smooth and appropriate communication with medical-related persons and researchers
- Purposes of Using Personal Information related to Personnel of Business Partners and Competitors
- Communication with persons of business partners, outside contracted vendors and competitors
- Contribution of articles to magazines
- Communication on our products and sales policies
- Understanding of credit and credit exposure management information
- Others including smooth and appropriate communication with persons of business partners and competitors
- Purposes of Using Personal Information related to Various Suppliers
- Exchange and communication of technical and facility information
- Others including smooth and appropriate communication with various suppliers
- Purposes of Using Personal Information related to the Shareholders of the Company
- Performing obligations as specified in the Companies Act and response to executing shareholders' rights on behalf of the shareholders of the Company
- Distribution of a business report and other handouts
- Others including smooth and appropriate communication with shareholders of the Company
- Purposes of Using Personal Information by Corporate Communications Department
- Releasing information to investors and media and distribution of event information
- Examination, investigation and response regarding consultations and reports
- Public relation activities both within and outside of the Company
- Others including smooth and appropriate communication with persons and entities in relation to the department
- Purposes of Using Personal Information related to the Customers
- Announcement and management of medical-related forums, seminars and various events for the general public
- Access control of visitors and factory tour guests
- Purposes of Using Personal Information related to persons who contact the Company (E.g.: Medical Information Dept. )
(All telephone conversations will be recorded for the following purposes.)
- Understanding, examination, investigation and response to details of consultations and communications
- Enhancing skills of telephone operators and realization of better customer service
- Feed-back of details of consultations and responses to them to medical-information staff of the Company
- Communication and provision of medical information to product manufacturers and distributors
- Others including smooth and appropriate communication with users of the Company
- Purposes of Using Personal Information related to Recruitment Candidates and Applicants of the Company
- Examination and Communication of decisions for success/failure of applicants
- Others including smooth and appropriate communication with recruitment candidates and applicants of the Company
- Purposes of Using Personal Information related to Family Members of Current Employees and Former Employees of the Company
- Employment control, provision and communication of welfare programs and other HR-related services to current employees
- Issuance and communication of various certificates
Provision of Personal Data to a Third Party
The Company may provide personal data on medical-related persons to other medical-related persons, our affiliated companies and related entities, or business partners in order to achieve “Purposes of Using Personal Information”.If an individual so requests, the Company shall immediately suspend providing his/her personal data to third parties.
Click here for details of Request for Disclosures.
- Items of Personal Data to be Provided to a Third Party
Individual’s name, e-mail address, institution’s name, address and phone number of work site, type of diagnosis and treatment in charge, department, job title, job position, year of graduation, university graduated from, year of starting as a practitioner, membership to academic associations, membership in doctor associations, sales performance, prescribing information.
- Method of Providing Personal Data to a Third Party
Oral, in writing, electronic communication etc.
Shared Use of Personal Data
The Company uses personal data as indicated below, possession with specified parties.
|I.||Shared Use of Personal Data with Nihon Ultmarc Inc.
|II.||Shared Use of Personal Data with the Company’s Affiliates
Personal Data Possessed by Chugai Pharmaceuticals
The Company will use retained personal data for the purposes shown in its 'Purposes of Using Personal Information.'
- Procedures for Treatment of an Application for Disclosure of Personal Data
When a request is received from an individual or his/her representatives, the Company will honestly respond to a request for notification of the purposes of use, disclosure, correction, addition, deletion, suspension of using or erasing personal data (hereinafter collectively referred to as "Request for Disclosures") in accordance with the Act.
Click here for details of Request for Disclosures.
- All inquiries should be directed to:
Personal Information Protection Promotion Secretariat
Chugai Pharmaceutical, Co., Ltd.
2-1-1, Nihonbashi Muromachi, Chuo-ku, Tokyo 103-8324
Membership to a Certified Personal Information Protection Organization
The Company is a member of 'The Federation of Pharmaceutical Manufacturers' Associations of Japan, a certified personal information protection organization of the Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare. The Federation accepts complaints and consultations on personal information handled by its members.
- * Please direct your inquiries to:
- Personal Information Protection Center
- The Federation of Pharmaceutical Manufacturers' Associations of Japan
Tokyo Yakugyo Kaikan
2-1-5, Nihonbashi Honmachi, Chuo-Ku, Tokyo 103-0023
(Office hours: 10:00 - 16:00; Closed: Saturdays, Sundays, National Holidays, Year-end holidays and others designated by the Federation)
- URL: http://www.fpmaj.gr.jp/
Application Procedures for Disclosing Personal Information
- Sending an Application
Fill out an Application Form (A) and documents for identification of the applicant (B) and send to us by mail together with postal stamps equivalent to ¥822 (¥82 for First-Class Mail (Daiisshu-Yubin), ¥430 for registered mail and ¥310 for a delivery certificate). All applications will be responded to in writing.
A medical-related person may apply to an MR in charge.
* In the case that the designated amount of postal stamps are not included in the application, a notification of the fact will be sent to the applicant. However, an application will be deemed as not made if the shortfall amount is not sent to us within the designated period.
- (A) Application
An Application for Disclosure, etc. of Personal Data [ 129KB / 1 page ]
- (B) Documents for Identification of the Applicant
- A copy of a driver's license, a passport or an original resident certificate
(Response to the application will be sent to the address indicated in these documents. Changes of mailing address after sending an application should be notified to us immediately.)
Application by a proxy requires the following document in addition to the above.
Application by a Juvenile or by a Lawful Guardian of the Juvenile Applicant
- Copy of family register: 1 copy
- Copy of a driver's license, a passport or an original resident certificate: 1 copy
Application by a Proxy who is Assigned to Apply on behalf of the Applicant
A letter of proxy signed and sealed by the applicant [ 40KB / 1 page ]
- A copy of a seal registration certificate
- A copy of a driver's license, a passport or an original resident certificate of the proxy
- (C) Documents to be sent to:
- Personal Information Protection Promotion Secretariat
Chugai Pharmaceuticals, Co., Ltd.
2-1-1, Nihonbashi Muromachi, Chuo-Ku, Tokyo 103-8324
- Responses to the Application
All responses will be made in writing to the address of the applicant indicated in the document for identification of the applicant within 1 month from the date that the applicant is identified and confirmed by the Company.
To view PDF files,
you will need Adobe® Reader® which is available as a free download.