- Company name
- Chugai Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
- Osamu Nagayama, Chairman & CEO
- March 10, 1925
- March 08, 1943
- Stated capital
- ¥72,966,000,000 (as of December 31, 2012)
- Financial year-end
- December 31
- ¥391,220 million (fiscal year ended December 31, 2012)
- Number of employees
- 6,836 (as of December 31, 2012)
- Principal lines of business
- Manufacture, sale, import and export of pharmaceuticals
- Head office
1-1 Nihonbashi-Muromachi 2-Chome, Chuo-ku, Tokyo
- Research laboratories
- Three locations: Fuji-Gotemba, Kamakura, Ukima
- Plants(Chugai Pharma Manufacturing Co., Ltd.)
- Three locations: Ukima, Fujieda, Utsunomiya
- Domestic branches
- Eleven locations: Sapporo, Sendai, Tokyo Branch 1, Tokyo Branch 2, Yokohama, Nagoya, Kyoto, Osaka, Hiroshima, Takamatsu, Fukuoka
Position of Affiliated Companies within Chugai Pharmaceutical Business Activities
The Chugai Group is composed of Chugai Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. (a subsidiary of Roche Holding Ltd), 18 subsidiaries and one affiliated company. The position of applicable businesses of each company are outlined as follows.
Chugai Business Support Co., Ltd. is contracted to perform administrative functions for Chugai while Chugai Distribution Co., Ltd. provides transportation and storage services and Medical Culture Inc. undertakes bibliographical surveys of pharmaceutical-related information for the Company.
CHUGAI sanofi-aventis S.N.C. undertakes imports and sales of the Company's pharmaceuticals.
Sales activities in Germany are undertaken by Chugai Pharma Marketing Ltd., in the United Kingdom by Chugai Pharma U.K. Ltd. and in France by Chugai Pharma France S.A.S.
Overseas R&D Activities
Chugai Pharma U.S.A., LLC in the United States, Chugai Pharma Europe Ltd. in UK, Chugai Pharma Science (Beijing) in China and Chugai Pharmaceutical Co.,Ltd Taipei Branch in Taiwan develop and undertake applications for pharmaceuticals, PharmaLogicals Research Pte. Ltd. and Chugai Pharmabody Research Pte. Ltd. both in Singapore undertake pharmaceuticals research, the affiliated company, C&C Research Laboratories, undertake pharmaceuticals research and development in the Republic of Korea, respectively.